Thursday

Why "Geek Soup"?

To make a long story short, I had heart surgery in March 2005. Serious complications added about eight months to my recovery time. I'm doing pretty well now, but lately I've realized that I've lost some my confidence. I'd been in waiting mode for a long time, and it's had an effect on me. I've been dealing with this by working on small projects to get myself ready for the workplace again. Then one day I happened across CafePress and realized it could provide an artistic outlet as well as a means to earn a little money. My business plan called for a blog and browser-based email, and so I signed up for Blogger and Care2

I had no idea what I was getting into. Social networking takes on a life of its own. I don't know if it's just me, but the hardest part of the process has been filling in the profile information. What do I feel comfortable revealing about myself? What DO I like? I've been in a holding pattern for so long it's taking a lot of effort to reconnect with myself, let alone with others.

So, what do I want to communicate in this blog? Yes, I love technology and science. I'm also interested in history and the environment. Come to think of it, I'm interested in a lot of things (occupational hazard). Fanny Farmer's introduction to soup sums it up for me. Just like soup, my thoughts will undoubtedly range from the mundane to the adventurous; hot, cold; subtle, spicy. Half-baked, or fully developed. Sometimes left to mellow.

Let the experiment begin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home